Thursday, May 23, 2013

Day 1 on juice fast

Hello my name is Wafa or as I am affectionately known as Waffles. I am 23 years old and while I have never been skinny I would really like to reveal a healthier me. I am constantly on and off diets but most of the time I know how to eat healthy but I am also the heaviest I have ever been. So I have my plan on how to kick the weight off and this blog is my way of making sure I stick with it.

I work at a Whole Foods so it is not like I am not surrounded with healthy eating tips it is that I really like chips and french fries. I also really like spinach and kale but you can guess which one I eat more of. I know that while changing my diet is going to be effective the real kicker for me is exercise. I will completely admit that I am not a fan of it most of the time but I am really trying to be better.

My food plan is to start a ten day juice diet and from there eat a mostly like I am doing the engine 2 diet ( a low fat vegan diet). I will say I am not going to completely stick to vegan but I do know that cheese is one of my downfalls. I think if that 90% of the time I am going to be eating engine 2 style that I will be doing so much better then I currently am.

As for exercise I really need to be better at that. I currently do at least do an hour of hiking once a week but that is really not that much. For now I plan on taking an hour long exercise class at my gym every other day and on my days off of work I want to continue hiking. I also started a goal of running a 5k which I never achieved and would like to start training for that again. I really want to be a runner but don't actually like to run so I need to try harder at that. I know that at some point I need to hire a personal trainer to help me with wait training because I really don't know what to do and I know it is an important thing for my fitness goals.

Work out schedule for this week:
Today: Zumba
Saturday: Yoga

I get my work schedule today so I will figure out next weeks work out plan after I get home from work. I know need to get my gym bagged prepared and then it is off to a healthier Waffle.

Me one month ago at the color run.


Starting weight: 202
Goal weight: 145

No comments:

Post a Comment